The Cuyahoga County Executive reviewed the “Western Reserve Plan” today in his “state of the county” address.
The Western Reserve Plan Available at this link
The Western Reserve Plan will focus on these 12 key areas:
- Implementing a practical strategy for creating a functioning, county-wide metropolitan government.
- Establishing Greater Cleveland as a center of entrepreneurship and job growth.
- Designing a place-based development strategy which recognizes the centrality of downtown Cleveland to the region as a whole.
- Aligning and coordinating both public and private resources around our most pressing human service needs.
- Identifying education, from early childhood forward, as the central factor in individual and community success.
- Embracing a health and wellness culture which mirrors the excellence of our major medical institutions.
- Incorporating economic inclusion as a guiding principle in our economic development strategy.
- Branding our metropolitan area as an international city which harnesses the energy of our younger generations.
- Adopting a collaborative approach to the foreclosure crisis- from prevention to restoration.
- Honoring the service of our veterans by giving them priority in hiring, training and education.
- Protecting our county by leading a county-wide public safety initiative.
- Creating a culture within county government which implements nationally recognized good government practices and innovations.